CALL FOR PAPERS
Submission deadline is 8th March 2019. Abstracts submitted after the deadline will not be considered. After the reviewing process, authors will be notified about the acceptance of their Abstract until the end of April 2019 the latest. We are inviting sport management researchers to participate by submitting academic abstracts. We will accept oral and poster presentations in the following areas.
- Sport Governance and Policy
- Strategy, Leadership and Stakeholder Management in Sport
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Consumer Behavior
- Sport Events and Tourism
- Sport, Media and Communication
- E-Sport and Technology
- Sport Facility Management
- Sport Funding and Finance
- Legal and Ethical Aspects of Sport
- Public Health and Physical Activity Management
- Sport Development and Socio-Cultural Perspectives
- Sport Management Education
- Broader, New and Critical Aspects of Sport Management
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Abstracts that discuss completed or on-going research are also accepted. The submitted
abstracts must have never been published in any publications or presented in any
conferences in the past. The mode of participation can be either:
- oral presentation (15 minutes and 5 minutes for Q & A discussion)
- poster presentation (90 cm x 120 cm board)
For an Abstract to be reviewed and considered for presentation during the conference the following guidelines must be adhered to:
- Length: the overall length of an Abstract has to be 500 words maximum, excluding author names (see below) and references (maximum 6 references).
- Text only: Abstracts should include text only, i.e. images (pictures, figures, and tables) are not accepted.
- Title: use a brief title to clearly indicate the nature of the research/project; capitalize the first letter of each word; do not use abbreviations in the title.
- Author names: Abstracts should include the names of all authors, their institutional affiliation, and the e-mail addresses of principal author (these will be removed for the review process).
- Language: Abstracts have to be in English and follow the APA formatting and style guide (see http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/authors/style/reference/tf_APA.pdf).
- Format: Times New Roman, font size 12, single line spacing, and no use of text design features.
- Author restrictions: maximum of 1 paper first-authored and 3 papers co-authored, with the exception of research supervisors on first-author student submissions.
- All abstracts will be subjected to blind review.
- All Abstracts should be structured using the following sections: Aim, Theoretical background and Literature review, Methodology, Results/findings and Discussion, Conclusion, and References
- Abstracts not complying with the Abstract Submission Guidelines provided on this page will bounce back and authors will be asked to resubmit.
Submission of abstract should be forwarded by e-mail to: the delegate from your country
Country Email Address Send To:
|Country||Person in charge|
|Japanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Editorial board of JJSM|
|Koreaemail@example.com||Dr. Sang Bank Nam|
|Malaysiafirstname.lastname@example.org||Dr. Wirdati Radzi|
|Singaporeemail@example.com||Dr. G. Balasekaran|
|Taiwanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Lee Yu Wu|
|Thailandemail@example.com||Dr. Wanchalee Noriya|
|Vietnamfirstname.lastname@example.org||Dr. Nguyen Tra Giang|
|Non-member email@example.com||Editorial board of JJSM|
*Your AASM country delegate will inform you of your abstract acceptance
In the email submission, the file name must use the following format as your subject line title and the file name of the paper:
2019AASM – [Short Title] – Surname of the first Author
Ex. 2019AASM – Managing Women’s Sport – Ogasawara
The following guidelines are to be observed by all presenters in order to facilitate both the
presenters and the conference program. Once accepted and duly registered, all oral
presentations have been scheduled in 15-minute sessions within the conference schedule.
- It is important to design your talk to fit within a 15-minute timeframe. This will allow 5-minutes for questions and discussion and 5-minutes for movement between
presentations. The Chair of each session will be instructed to ensure that the time
allocated is followed.
- All presenters of a respective session should arrive in the room at least ten minutes prior to the start of the session to both upload their presentations on the computer using a USB memory stick and to introduce themselves to the Chair. Please remember to bring your presentation on a USB.
- You will not be able to use your own computer for your presentation.